Thursday, September 29, 2005

Lamon Brewster

"Luan is a good fighter who landed many good shots against me," said WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster after successfully defending his title by ninth round TKO against mandatory challenger Luan Krasniqi in Hamburg, Germany. "I want to be thee world champion, not just a United States champion and I proved it tonight by coming to Germany and defeating a game challenger. I always fight from will, not always from skill. I want to give applause to Hamburg and the German people for being so wonderful to me during my visit. I will never forget my time here." Brewster's promoter Don King echoed his champion's sentiments. "Luan used his jab and his right but this champion doesn't quit," King said. "Lamon Brewster is a true world champion now that he came to Germany and won here."