Friday, September 09, 2005

John Calloway

IBF light-welterweight champion Ricky Hatton will be making a major announcement about his future on Monday at a press conference. It will be held at Manchester City's football club's City of Manchester Stadium.WBA featherweight champion Chris John is heading to the US tomorrow. He'll be one of the cornermen of Naoufel ben Rabah in Marco Barrera's undercard Sept. 17. Titan Entertainment has announced the signing of "All American Prizefighter" Rob Calloway 60-5-1, 45 KOs).Actor Russell Crowe, who recently starred in the film 'The Cinderella Man,' has been quoted as saying "I think boxing is something stupid." This coming from a man who recently ripped a phone from the wall at a New York City hotel and threw it at a clerk, striking him in the face. Crowe settled a civil lawsuit for $100,000 plus a public apology. "This is possibly the most shameful situation I’ve ever gotten myself in in my life and I’ve done some pretty dumb things in my life," Crowe told talkshow host David Letterman regarding the incident. "So to actually make a new number one is spectacularly stupid."